The KhNAHU has a high scientific potential. The high scientific and pedagogical qualification of the university specialists was the basis for the establishment of world-famous scientific schools on its base. Twelve leading scientific schools operate effectively under the guidance of famous scientists:
The year of foundation is 1962
The founder of the school is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor A.B. Hredeskul.
School Heads are Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor Bohomolov V.O., Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor Klymenko V.I.
The Head of the school from 1986 to 2020 was Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Honored Science and Technology Figure, Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine, Academician of the New York Academy and the Transport Academy of Ukraine, Professor A.M. Turenko.
Fields of science – mechanical engineering, transport, active safety of vehicles, brake systems of motor vehicles.
The designs of brake force regulators, floor level regulators in the pneumatic suspension, pneumohydraulic clutch actuator valve, two-section and three-section brake valves, vacuum brake booster, implemented in serial production and manufactured by PJSC “Volchansk Aggregate Plant” and Krasnodon CJSC “Avtoagregat”, were developed.
The developed and manufactured products are used in serial cars KrAZ, MAZ, UralAZ, UAZ; buses Bogdan, LAZ, LiAZ; trolleybuses Trolza, PMZ.
It was founded in 1952 by Honored Scientist of Ukraine, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor A.M. Kholodov. The Department of Construction and Road Machinery KhNAHU, which he headed for over 35 years, was named after him.
The main areas of scientific and engineering activities of school Kholodova A.M. are related to the creation of efficient construction and road machinery, training of highly qualified personnel for mechanical engineering and transport construction.
Several branches have been created within the scientific school. The test benches for accelerated testing of earthmoving and transport machines, technological modules for T-16M, SSh-25 tractors, DZK-250, DZK-251 motor graders, PF-04 front-end loader were created.
The cooperation of the department with the leading foreign companies in their field, Wirtgen, Wermeer (Germany), Fayat (France) gives reason to hope for a successful solution of road construction problems in Ukraine.
The founder and the Head is Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor V.H. Shynkarenko.
The field of science is economics of transport complex.
The following was developed:
· enterprise competitiveness management system;
· system of material resources management in road management organizations;
· system cybernetic model of integrated processes of the motor transport enterprise;
· conceptual model of the quality management system in the organization;
· methodology of formation and optimization of the organizational structure of management of innovative development of the enterprise;
· model of development strategy formation of the motor transport enterprise;
· procedure of researching the activities of competitors;
· methodological recommendations for the development and implementation of competition strategy;
· methodological approach to determining the emergency stock of material resources for the road management organization.
The year of foundation is 1959.
The founder is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, Professor M.Ya. Hovorushchenko.
Field of science is operation and maintenance of vehicles.
In 1974 the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of Ukraine established the Problem scientific and research laboratory for diagnostics and forecasting of technical condition of vehicles.
30 items of diagnostic equipment, including stations of complex diagnostics of cars in 23 cities, were developed and implemented at motor transport enterprises and service stations. During the period of the school’s existence, about 50 textbooks, manuals and monographs have been published, including on transport systems engineering, technical and economic cybernetics.
The year of foundation is 1954.
The founder of the school is Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Professor M.I. Volkov.
Since 1977 the Head of the school is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Honored Science and Technology Figure of Ukraine, a full member of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, a full member of the Technical Committee TC 7/8 “Pavements” of the World Road Association, Professor V.O. Zolotarov. Field of science is constructional materials science.
Classification of modern binders modified by polymers was developed, the physical essence was disclosed and methods and criteria of their quality objective evaluation were proposed, a generalized quantitative solution, disclosing for the first time the relations between the main indicators of bituminous binders, was offered. Domestic colored asphalt concrete was developed and put into production.
The year of foundation is 1955.
The founder of the school is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor, Honored Scientist O.M. Petrychenko.
Field of science is technology of construction materials and materials science. Theoretical positions of formation processes of castings were established, principles of modification were defined. Alloying and heat treatment of cast irons in order to improve their performance properties. A new direction of the theory of nonequilibrium states was created, new technologies for increasing the structural strength of alloys were proposed. The principles of selection of rational methods of hardening processing for the purpose of increasing the service life of machine parts were developed. New methods of controlling the properties of materials without destruction were created.
Area “Scientific and technological bases of surface hardening of loaded machine parts in order to increase their durability” (Academic Adviser Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor D.B. Hlushkova).
Area “Development of scientific and technical methods for determining the hardness of materials” (Academic Adviser Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Professor V.I. Moshchenok).
The year of foundation is 1931.
The founders are Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Professor O.K. Birulia and Honored People’s Education Worker of Ukraine, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Professor Mykhovych S.H.
Field of science is construction. Theoretical problems of construction, operation and design of highways established by O.K. Birulia are currently developing at the department in the following areas:
· Structural-activation technology of road-building materials for construction and repair of highways;
· Intensive resource-saving technologies for highway repair and organization of their operation;
· Automated design, construction and operation of highways;
Physical and chemical bases of greening the technology of waste use in the construction industry.
The members are a co-author of the package of applications of automated technologies for the design and construction of highways “Credo”.
The year of foundation is 2010.
The founder and the Head is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor M.A. Podryhalo.
The main scientific achievements of the school:
1. the theoretical foundation of the theory of functional stability of motor vehicles, tractors and their components were developed;
2. the method of partial accelerations and its realizations for research of dynamics of movement and diagnostics of wheel and track-type vehicles were developed for the first time.
The results of scientific research and developments of the scientific school are used in joint work with the Kremenchuk Automobile Plant, which has been nominated for the State Prize in Science and Technology in 2010.
The most significant results of the scientific school were implemented:
· at Kharkiv, Volodymyr, Lipetsk tractor plants, Kharkiv plant of tractor self-propelled chassis;
· by the Technical Department of the Ministry of Automobile and Tractor Industry of the USSR in preparation for the production of a unified brake system for wheeled tractors of class 0.6-1.4;
· by Zaporizhzhia, Kremenchuk, Lviv, Volga, Gorky, Ural, Moscow named after Likhachev automobile plants;
· CJSC “Ukravtobusprom”, State Enterprise “State Motor Transport Research and Design Institute”, the Central Scientific Research Institute of Armament and Military Equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, State Enterprise “Institute of Machinery and Systems” of the Ministry of Industrial Policy of Ukraine and the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, FSUE State Research Center of the Russian Federation “NAMI”, National Scientific Center “Hon. Prof. M. S. Bokarius Forensic Science Institute” etc.
Area “Interaction of the vehicle wheel with the surface of pavement”, Co-Adviser Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Prof. V.A. Perehon.
The year of foundation is 2010.
The founder and the Head is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor O.P. Aleksiiev.
The scientific area of paper is “Intelligent information technologies and systems”. It is aimed at developing advanced means of information processing and cybernetic systems to solve complex problems used along with computing technologies, technology for modeling image perception of the world, logical and visual thinking in choice and acceptance. A number of fundamental studies, which were highly evaluated according to the rating of scientific works of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, was performed: more than 10 research and development projects on information analysis and synthesis of mechatronic systems in motor transport, intelligent monitoring of transport systems and communications, intelligent technology of public passenger transport management of cities and regions of Ukraine; information analysis of the development of road transport systems is being carried out.
The results were implemented in transport and road organizations, scientific and research complexes in the eastern regions of Ukraine: Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk, Donetsk. The obtained results became the basis for optimizing the training of specialists in systems engineering, flexible computerized systems, effective work of Special Purpose Design Center “MEKHATRONIKA”.
The year of foundation is 2019.
The Head is Professor, Doctor of Engineering Sciences Bazhynov Oleksii Vasylovych.
· Electrical systems and complexes of vehicles, Head is Bazhynov O.V.;
· Energy efficient and energy saving technologies in transport, Head is Prof. Hnatov A.V.;
· Hybrid and electric vehicles, Head is Prof. Dvadnenko V.Ya.;
· Energy efficient multifunctional vehicles, Head is Prof. Smirnov O.P.
The most significant results for the last 5 years:
· automated charging station for electric vehicles;
· drag bike for transportation of passengers, cargo at recreation centers, sanatoriums, indoors and agricultural premises;
· microprocessor control system for gas convertible ICE from diesel to gas fuel;
· power generating stages as an alternative source of electric energy in places with high passability of people;
· universal diagnostic bench for electrical equipment of KhTZ tractor cabs;
· hybrid vehicle on the basis of Sens Pickup car;
· hardware-software complex for evaluation of residual life of ICE;
· mobile complex for researching energy flows of electric power unit of hybrid vehicle;
· device for improving the efficiency and reliability of powerful diesel generators.
The results of scientific research were implemented at the following enterprises: ECOMOBIL LLC, Public Joint Stock Company “Kharkiv Tractor Plant”, DRIMMOTOR LLC, Dniprotechtrans SPE LLC, Private Joint Stock Company Zaporizhzhia Automobile Plant, AutoEnterprise LLC; REAL LLC.
The Academic Head is Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Honored Science and Technology Figure of Ukraine, Academician of the Transport Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Dmitriiev I.A. The year of foundation is 2020. Staff of the scientific school – 21 persons. Qualification of the staff of the scientific school: Academicians, Corresponding Members of the Academy of Sciences (public status) – 2 persons; Doctors of Sciences – 4 persons; Candidates of Sciences (Doctors of Philosophy) – 16 persons; Postgraduates – 3 persons; Masters – 13 persons. The concept of development of scientific activity of the school provides active participation of teaching staff in Scientific and Practical International and All-Ukrainian Conferences, publication of scientific achievements in scientific editions and monographs. Over the last 5 years, 46 monographs were published, 416 articles in scientific journals, 111 including the foreign ones. The staff of the scientific school establishes relations in the field of research and exchange of experience with other institutions of higher education in Kharkiv, Kyiv, Lviv, Dnipro and others. In recent years alone, more than 10 International Scientific and Practical Conferences of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine were held. A significant achievement of the functioning of this scientific school is the defense of 4 dissertations for the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences and 16 dissertations for the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences.
The year of foundation is 2020.
The founder and the Head is Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor Ye.V. Nahornyi.
Scientific areas of activity:
- “The concept of application of intelligent technologies for the management of passenger and cargo transportation and freight forwarding activities”,
- “The problems of development and functioning of transport systems”.
The academic staff consists of 5 Doctors of Sciences, more than 20 Candidates of Sciences, training of Doctoral Students, Postgraduates is carried out. One of the most important aspects of the multifaceted activities of the scientific school staff is scientific developments in selected areas. The effective work of the staff is expressed through participation in various activities aimed at public acquaintance and future practical use of scientific achievements: monographs, textbooks, manuals, patents, certificates, articles, abstracts, etc. Research staff of the school received and confirmed by the implementation in practice and the educational process more than 10 patents, copyright certificates.